Thursday, March 12, 2009

the latest happenings.

The days are starting to fly by! Has it almost been a month since I got back here? Ahh! Things are really rolling around here. I now work in three different places, and I enjoy them all so far. I teach English in a language institute several days a week to a group of 15-year-olds. They are a really fun group of kids. I also give a class to a little 7-year-old girl. She's so sweet. She writes me little notes in English and leaves them all over my desk. The second place I am teaching is the same school I was teaching in before, but only one day a week. In that school, I have ten classes to teach in a day. Lots of preparation goes into that one day! I have three classes of older students that are pretty difficult to teach. Please pray that I have the strength to teach those classes and that the students respond to what I am teaching! Some days they pretend I'm not even in the classroom. This rough bunch needs your prayers!
I am out in Ita Paso again, and I absolutely love spending time with those kids and their families. I have started a little choir of twenty kids. We are preparing a few songs to sing and a short skit for Easter. Pray for this as well!

I am living in three different places during the week, but I really like it that way. It allows me to spend time with different families, and it allows the families time to take a break from me! Ha! Everyone is so generous and hospitable. I am beyond grateful for their kindess to me. God has used these people in mighty ways to display His love.

I wanted to share a few photos with you. I'll try to get more up when I can!

Two of my favorite people from the church in Encarnacion. Grandmother and Grandaughter.

Is he not the cutest?? Nehemias is Pastor Aurio's (of Ita Paso) son. I live at their house part of the week. He loved putting on these glasses and posing for the camera.

Bananas in Ita Paso.


Doni's daughter, Melody, wearing a dress I brought her from the U.S.


This is a short video clip of the worship teams from Posadas and Encarnacion singing at a service in Encarnacion a few weeks ago.

No comments: